New Android App (more...)
We have improved the Android app and the new version is uploaded and available for download:
Version 1.216: update include
1. Enable Live Streaming, remote recording
2. Enable full camera setting
3. Improve connection problem/bugs
4. Enable auto rotate when photo and video playback
Devices compatible with our Android app:
HTC Sensation Z710e
Samsung Galaxy S3
HTC Sensation Z710
HTC one x
Download the iON Android App here
No Strings Attached: Sleek, Connected and Cloud-Based Action Video Camera Launches in US (more...)
New ION AIR PRO camera makes it easy and fun to capture and share HD videos and stills of life's most moving moments
SOMERSET, NJ - May 22, 2012 - ION Worldwide, a global consumer electronics company, today announced immediate worldwide availability of a new, wearable sports-action camera that makes it easy to capture and share high-definition video and still images of life's most moving moments...whether they take place on the slopes, in the surf, on a single-track bike trail or while playing with the family at the local park. The new ION AIR PRO HD Sports Video Camera with Wi-Fi PODZ is the first action camera that allows users to shoot and share their videos instantly via Wi-Fi using the free ION CAMERA app for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod).
Designed for professionals and consumers alike, the aerodynamic, lightweight and easy-to-use ION AIR PRO Wi-Fi camera features a number of significant industry firsts, including Wi-Fi connectivity and free cloud storage. The unique ION PODZ system - thin, circular discs that attach onto the back of the basic camera, adding virtually no weight or volume-extends the capabilities of the ION AIR PRO. With the ION Wi-Fi PODZ and ION app, users can control camera functions and settings, view the action as it happens as a livestream, and replay or immediately upload footage to Facebook, YouTube, or share it via email.
The ION AIR PRO comes with 8GB of free cloud-based storage powered by MiMedia.com. With this ION CLOUD, users can easily upload and access their video clips from any smartphone, tablet or computer.
"The point-of-view camcorder segment, driven by action-sports models, is the fastest growing segment in digital imaging. Yet this segment needs to get to the next level, with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and cloud storage," said Chris Chute, research manager, Worldwide Digital Imaging Practice, IDC. "Smaller, younger and nimbler companies, like ION, can rapidly meet market changes with products like the ION AIR PRO."
Additional ION AIR PRO features that set it apart from others in the market include:
- Lightest weight, most aerodynamically designed: The low-profile, 4.5 oz. ION AIR PRO is the lightest, most wind-resistant action camera on the market.
- HD video quality: HD wide-angle lens records in 1080p, 960p, and 720p resolutions as well as WQVGA with a field of view up to 170 degrees. The ION AIR PRO also features Dual File recording, capturing both an HD and a lower-resolution WQVGA file simultaneously to allow for easier sharing to social networking sites and faster upload times.
- Waterproof without additional housing and waterproof microphone: The ION AIR PRO is waterproof up to 30 feet (10 meters) with no need for an additional outer case. Its waterproof microphone enables high-quality audio.
- One-click capture: A single press of a button starts or stops recording, and the camera vibrates to confirm both start and stop (very handy when the camera is mounted out of eyesight). High-quality, 5-megapixel still-image capture (single shot, time lapse and 10-photo burst modes) is also possible with a single click.
- CamLOCK system: ION's versatile mount system allows users to quickly and easily attach, remove and rotate the ION AIR PRO camera on any type of helmet (bike, motorcycle, ski, skydive etc.), pole, board (surf, skate, ski etc.) or handlebar (bike and motorcycle). It enables users to get a different angle without having to remount the camera; they can simply swivel the camera to a new position while recording.
- ION AIR PRO (MSRP: $229.99) - an HD sports video camera that comes with a mini tripod, travel power adapter, USB & AV cables, CAM Locker and pouch.
- ION AIR PRO PLUS (MSRP: $289.99) - the ION AIR PRO package plus the complete CamLOCK system, the company's mounting product that secures the camera to bike handle bars and summer and winter sports helmets.
- ION AIR PRO Wi-Fi (MSRP: $349.99) - the ION AIR PRO PLUS package with a Wi-Fi PODZ to allow for instant connectivity to the ION app.
- ION AIR PRO CONNECT (MSRP: $99.99) - additional kit for wireless shoot & share functionality and extended battery life. The kit includes a detachable Wi-Fi PODZ and an 1800mAmp Battery Booster.
- HELMET & BIKE KIT (MSRP: $69.99) - provides the complete CamLOCK system for handlebars and most summer and winter sports helmets for the ION AIR PRO Camera.
"My team knew we could improve upon the sports-action wearable video cameras that are currently on the market," said Giovanni Tomaselli, CEO of ION Worldwide. "We designed the ION AIR PRO to deliver the optimum overall user experience in terms of form, function and quality. We built it, from the ground-up, to be best in class."
Future enhancements and features include a wide range of PODZ that will give the ION AIR PRO unprecedented capability and flexibility. PODZ on the horizon include a waterproof remote-controlled Remote PODZ, Car PODZ for charging on the go, a high performance Microphone PODZ for professional quality audio, and the ION Battery PODZ that will enable an incredible four hours of recording time without adding size or weight to the camera. Also, an ION CAMERA app for Android is coming this summer.
The ION AIR PRO packages are currently available on the ION website at http://www.ion-america.com/ion/E-Shop.html and will be available at Amazon.com by the end of May. Images are available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/78781974@N02/sets/72157629774041014/ and video shot with the ION AIR PRO can be accessed here: http://www.youtube.com/iontheaction.
ABOUT ION WORLDWIDE
ION Worldwide is a subsidiary of global consumer electronics specialist World Wide Licenses Ltd. (WWL). ION Worldwide's experienced executive team has been involved in the design, development and manufacturing of digital imaging products for leading brands worldwide for almost 20 years. The new ION AIR PRO is first in the company's new line of sports video cameras. For more information, visit www.iontheaction.com.
415-358-2484 - office
408-832-7626 - cell
212-616-6002 - office
973-229-4578 - cell
ION Worldwide Backgrounder (more...)
ION Worldwide is committed to creating and developing the next-generation sports action camera. Founded and led by CEO Giovanni Tomaselli, ION Worldwide is headquartered in Hong Kong with worldwide distribution and offices in London, Tokyo, United States and Australia. It engages more than 100 people globally who are responsible for the ION brand.
ION Worldwide is a wholly owned subsidiary of consumer electronics specialist, World Wide Licenses Ltd (WWL). WWL has been involved in the design, development and manufacturing of digital imaging products for leading brands worldwide for almost 12 years. The company developed Disney-branded computers and cameras in the 1990s and was behind the creation of Polaroid's new generation of digital cameras. In 2002, WWL owned exclusive rights to create and distribute Polaroid digital cameras worldwide, and WWL became the first company to put a digital camera into video camera format.
First Sports-Action, Cloud-based, Connected Video Camera
Launching worldwide in May 2012, ION Worldwide's first product is a suite of HD 1080p sports video cameras with Wi-Fi connectivity to make it easy to share and upload video clips. Each camera comes with 8GB of free ION CLOUD storage. There are currently three different ION packages available in the US, Japan, Australia and Europe:
- ION AIR PRO (MSRP: $229.99) - a 1080p HD Sports Video Camera that comes with a mini tripod, travel power adapter, USB & AV cables, a CAM Locker and pouch.
- ION AIR PRO PLUS (MSRP: $289.99) - a 1080p HD Sports Video Camera with a mini tripod, travel power adapter, USB & AV cables and the complete CamLOCK system, the company's product that secures the camera to bike handle bars and most summer and winter sports helmets. The locking system is flexible enough to enable video recording from any angle without the need to re-mount.
- ION AIR PRO Wi-Fi (MSRP: $349.99) - the ION AIR PRO PLUS package, plus the Wi-Fi PODZ to allow for instant connectivity and uploading content via the ION iOS app to Facebook, YouTube and the internet without the need for a computer or cables.
- ION CONNECT (MSRP: $99.99) - this additional kit provides wireless shoot & share functionality and extended battery life. The kit includes a detachable Wi-Fi PODZ and an 1800mAmp Battery Booster. The Wi-Fi PODZ can be used with both the standard ION AIR PRO and the ION AIR PRO PLUS camera packages to enable Wi-Fi and sharing capability.
- HELMET & BIKE KIT (MSRP: $69.99) - provides the complete CamLOCK system for handlebars and most summer and winter sports helmets. This kit offers purchasers of the ION AIR PRO camera the ability to add the Helmet and Bike Kit as an accessory at a later date.
Giovanni Tomaselli - Founder, CEO and Managing Director - ION Worldwide (more...)
Founder, CEO and Managing Director - ION Worldwide
Giovanni Tomaselli is founder, CEO and managing director of and ION Worldwide and its parent company, World Wide Licenses Ltd. (WWL), which he formed in 1993. For almost 12 years, WWL has been involved in the design, development and manufacture of digital imaging products for leading brands worldwide, including Nikon, Casio, Kodak, Disney and Polaroid.
The company developed Disney-branded computer accessories and cameras in the 1990s and helped to create Polaroid's next generation digital camera in 2001. In 2002, WWL secured the exclusive rights to design, develop and distribute Polaroid digital cameras worldwide, and became the first company to put a digital camera into a video camera format. By the next year, WWL had shipped over two million Polaroid cameras to 30 countries worldwide.
In 2006, Giovanni sold WWL to a leading consumer electronics manufacturing specialist, Flextronics, and acquired it back in 2009. Since then, WWL has been focused on the design and development of portable, connected, consumer devices including inkless printers and portable video cameras. In 2009, Giovanni also re-launched the Polaroid brand again, working closely with Lady Gaga who served as Polaroid's Creative Director.
In 2012, Giovanni is spearheading the launch of ION Worldwide's first suite of HD sports video cameras with Wi-Fi connectivity called the ION AIR PRO. These new cameras make it easy to shoot and share action content.
Giovanni began his career in real estate development and sports marketing, where he struck a massive, global licensing deal with the Soccer World Cup 1994. He is an Australian native and currently lives in Hong Kong. Giovanni and WWL were also the focus of a Harvard Business School case study, documenting the company's success as a foreign entity successfully penetrating the Japanese market with imaging products.
NO STRINGS ATTACHED...
Wireless Action Camera using Shoot & Share Technology Makes Debut (more...)
New ION AIR PRO, from World Wide Licences (WWL) Ltd, is one of the first Smart phone compatible action cameras that allows users to shoot high definition video and share in real time via social networking sites. So now, your latest ski run can be uploaded to your FaceBook page before you've even taken off your ski boots!
This clever electronic device comprises two parts: the ION AIR PRO action camera and mini tripod, which when fitted with the detachable accessory - ION the GO WiFi PODZ, enables users to replay video footage and seamlessly transfer it to YouTube, FaceBook or the Internet without the need of a computer or cables. And with over seven hours of battery life, thanks to a 1800 mAmp Battery Booster, this gadget will run and run.
ION the GO, the product's "Shoot & Share" Technology is also fully compatible with both iOS (iPod/iPhone/iPad) and Android devices. This allows users to completely control the AIR PRO camera direct from a Smartphone or Tablet. The relevant Apps can be downloaded free of charge from ION WorldWide via iTunes and www.iontheaction.com from 1st March 2012.
Additionally, the CamLOCK System allows users to attach the AIR PRO camera to any type of helmet such as motor and mountain bike, ski, skydive as well as a handlebar attachment for mounting the camera onto bicycles, jet skis, 4x4 off roadsters and motor bikes. The CamLOCK System is designed to be flexible and record video from all angles without the need to re-mount the camera.
Aimed at professional and amateur photographers, adventurers, adrenalin junkies and recreational sports enthusiasts alike, this product offers users very clear advantages:
- Lightweight - lighter than 4.5 ounces including the ION the GO WiFi PODZ attachment, it's one of the lightest action cameras in the industry
- No raincoat required - waterproof to 50ft, complete with waterproof microphone to enable high quality audio while offering protection from the elements. This device does not need an additional waterproof outer casing
- No strings attached - the ION the GO WiFi PODZ attachment offers real time shoot & share capability
- One finger to the competition - simple to use one touch function allows simultaneous camera start and record all with one finger
- Long life - 1800mAmp battery booster allows camera unit to charge twice without the need for an external power source to provide over 7 hours of battery life
- Wide angle lens - provides ability to record in HD with a field view of up to 170 degree
- HD recording - Up to 1080p video resolution
- 5 megapixel stills - that can be sequenced one at a time, three in one second or one photo every 10, 20 or 30 seconds to create amazing step photo video
- Free Cloud storage - 8GB of free Cloud storage will be provided with every iON action camera purchase for storage and sharing of video content
Campos racing sponsored by iON wins F3 race (more...)
Argentina´s driver, at the wheel of his Campos Racing´s car, set pole position and fastest lap and then won the race. Dejonghe (Team West-Tec) and Raimondo (RP Motorsport) finished on podium as well. Giovesi (DAV Racing) won among Cup drivers
The young Argentine driver Facu Regalia (Campos Racing) claimed today his maiden win in the European F3 Open during today´s race at Hungaroring. Argentina´s driver, who was forced to retire yesterday on lap one, snatched pole position after a thrilling qualifying session battling with Sam Dejonghe (Team West-Tec) and Gianmarco Raimondo (RP Motorsport). Niccolò Schirò (RP Motorsport) and Mans Grenhagen (Emilio de Villota Motorsport) were fourth and fifth respectively on the starting grid.
When the race started, Regalia kept the lead away from his rivals and from then on, and even Dejonghe and Raimondo trying to stay with him he pulled away. Setting several fastest laps, Regalia completed the race consisting of seventeen laps as winner and seven seconds ahead of his main rivals today. In the same way, second and third positions remained stable and Dejonghe was second with Raimondo clinching the lowest step on the podium. Schirò was fourth in the end with Sweden´s Grenhagen finishing in fifth.
Behind the main title contenders, Roberto La Rocca (Team West-Tec) was another driver to watch for, with a very strong weekend for the Venezuelan driver. Colombia´s Tatiana Calderón (Emilio de Villota Motorsport) ended up 7th, a good result but not able to equal her 4th place yesterday. In the Cup classification Kevin Giovesi (DAV Racing) was the winner and leading his teammate Matteo Davenia, both Italian drivers giving a one-two to DAV Racing. Jordan Oon (Team West-Tec) finished third.
Next venue for the series is going to be at Monza, on September 29th-30th, and it will be the penultimate meeting this year. The end of season is scheduled at Circuit de Catalunya in November.
Click here to see the full article.
Copyright © 2013 ION WORLDWIDE - The ION Logo is a registered trademark of World Wide Licenses Ltd in multiple countries throughout the world.